Council Tax Forum

Valuation tribunal help


I hav a dispute with my council for a premium. I  think itll need a tribunal but not sure if I can do this and how I do this.  Dispute is over the 50% amount added by them.


It seems you have a dispute regarding the 50% long term empty premium ? This can be appealed to a valuation tribunal if you're not happy. but it depends on exactly what the dispute is.

Depending on what exactly is needed then we can formally assist by advising on the dispute and drafting the dispute / tribunal application where needed. Please send us your details and we can discuss further.

Advice & Assistance from LGFA92

Good quality help with your Council Tax dispute can be hard to come across – there’s a lack of independent, expert, places where you can get the help you need however LGFA92 are here to change that. See how we can help today

Contact us today. Email us at [email protected], Call our Council Tax helpline on 0191 6451118.

This article is solely the view of LGFA92, the Council Tax experts, based on our interpretation of legislation. Your local authority is free to dispute this view. A binding decision may require the intervention of a valuation tribunal.