Council Tax Forum

single discount 25% ?


What happens to the single discount if a partner moves in ?


Assuming that person is also using the property as their main home the 25% discount should cease however there are cases where it will remain. Get it incorrect and you could be paying £250+ per year more than is needed.

LGFA92 can provide a full assessment of the position, personalised to your specific case, on request. Please contact us for more details.

Advice & Assistance from LGFA92

Good quality help with your Council Tax dispute can be hard to come across – there’s a lack of independent, expert, places where you can get the help you need however LGFA92 are here to change that. See how we can help today

Contact us today. Email us at [email protected], Call our Council Tax helpline on 0191 6451118.

This article is solely the view of LGFA92, the Council Tax experts, based on our interpretation of legislation. Your local authority is free to dispute this view. A binding decision may require the intervention of a valuation tribunal.