Council Tax HMO disputes

How can our Council Tax paralegal help you ?

LGFA92 Council Tax advice and consultancy logoIf you have a Council Tax dispute or problem with a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) and you are unable to come to an agreement with the Local Authority or just need some assistance then LGFA92’s Council Tax paralegal is the person who can help you.

It’s becoming increasingly common for changes to HMOs to be made retrospectively and for the landlord to take the brunt of this cost until the Council Tax problem is resolved. We can work with you or advocate directly with the Local Authority on your behalf.

Understanding the workings of legislation such as the Local Government Finance Act 1992, the Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations 1992 and the Council Tax (Liability for Owners) Regulations 1992 can be difficult but we can remove that stress and do the work for you.

Whether you simply need us to answer a quick query, issue our full written opinion or take on your case with the Local Authority then we can usually help. In most cases the information we supply can answer your queries and provide you with the information you need however, if this isn’t enough or you feel that you need someone else to deal with the case, contact us today by email or by our contact form and we’ll do our best to assist you. If you still can’t get the answer that you want then we can support you through a Valuation Tribunal appeal.

LGFA92 offer a range of fixed and hourly fee structures depending on the exact situation. Contact us for details and we can provide a quote.

In order to work in the most efficient way to save you time and money LGFA92 work digitally as much as possible. This means that we can work smarter and faster to deal with your problems by making use of email and electronic documents to reduce our costs and pass the savings on to you.

Read the reviews we’ve received from other satisfied customers.