LGFA92 are happy to offer a free short consultation if you contact us or, alternatively, try our free forum

Can I find my Council Tax banding ? 1

What if my property has been banded ?

Finding the banding of a property for Council Tax purposes is a relatively easy thing to do – the information is publicly available so you can find it easily at :

England and Wales

Once you know the banding of a property then checking the website of the Local Authority will tell you how much Council Tax that particular band property pays.

What if my property hasn’t been banded ?

If the property hasn’t been banded then the situation is slightly more difficult as you can only make an educated guess as to what the banding will be until it is officially confirmed by the Valuation Office Agency / Scottish Assessor.

Using the links above you can however find the banding of surrounding properties and this will give you a good idea what the banding of your property will be unless your property is significantly different.