Council Tax and moving to a Care Home

In situations where the resident of a property has left that property to become a resident of a Care Home then it is possible, in some instances, to claim a Council Tax exemption on the vacated property. What reduction is available ? Where the only resident of a property ceases to be resident because of… Read More »

Section 13A discretionary relief – claimants guide

LGFA92 claimants guide to Section 13A discretionary relief claims – England Information on the Section 13A discretionary relief can be difficult to obtain when it comes to your rights in making a claim and disputing Local Authority decisions. This claimants guide collects together the most important Valuation Tribunal and Local Government Ombudsman decisions and summarises… Read More »